Monday, July 2, 2007

New Design - "314 In Progress"

This one came seemingly from out of nowhere and has probably been the quickest design process from the suggestion of an idea to the end result. A little back story is probably necessary. Now I wasn't there for the first half, but apparently a close friend decided to take a late night swim in the pool of one of our local golf courses and wound up running naked through the parking lot last night.




I was, however there for the second half of its genesis, as the Drat Pack decided to take in Live Free or Die Hard. Anyway, during one of the scenes John McClane trips up a baddie posing as a police dispatcher by calling out the scanner code 587, which we soon learn is cop for Indecent Exposure. Laughs ensue and almost instantly I could hear two buddies mention under their breaths that yet another shirt be made. I don't know if they knew that I heard them but I immediately had the layout in my head and knew that I absolutely wanted the red police light involved.




As soon as we got back to the house I was googling police codes to make sure the reference was accurate. Turns out it wasn't, or who knows it could be a Washington DC thing. However most of the other jurisdictions I could find used 314 almost universally so that's what we went with.




Cherry - check. Naked man - check. Police-y looking font - check. Italicized the font to give it the feeling of a pursuit and slapped the cherry on top of the 314 as if its the cop car. Made the streaker blond and pale(took some artistic liberties with the amount of hair) and we've got our perp. Adjusted the colors to work well on the different shirts and voila...314 In Progress.




And before anyone states the obvious, I don't want to hear about the sensibility of having a SHIRT that is supposed to imply NUDITY in progress. The wearer could totally run around with the shirt on and his/her bits and pieces flitting about in the fresh midwestern air.

Later
S